The development of a digital portfolio course will help our students reflect on their current learning, develop an engaging way to display their accomplishments and in the process develop some technical skills and ownership of their learning which will help them in their future course work.
This course will be a catalyst for change in our homeschool community as technology is not currently being utilized within most of our regular curriculum being offered at Pearland Homeschool Alliance.
There will be some steps that will have to take place before the implementation of the digital portfolio initiative.
- Determine and define clear attainable goals and objectives for the digital portfolio program and present to leadership team, teachers, parents and students.
- Review and evaluate the various digital portfolio creation websites and platforms to determine the best site to reach the desired goals and objectives. WordPress, Nureva Troove and PathBrite are three possible choices of blog sites that should be evaluated prior to implementation.
- Determine and develop an internet use and safety guidelines that will need to be in place prior to implementation of this program.
October -January 2017
- Review any changes made of the proposal with the leadership ship, the teaching staff at PHSA, parents and students. Review the desired outcomes and goals of the program initially established and determine if the proposal has met those goals prior to implementation.
- Determine proper pricing, supply fees and textbooks/material needs for course.
- Prepare new promotion materials including videos, slideshows, and social media presentations to garner the student interest in an engaging student learning opportunity.
January 2017-May 2017
- Develop the 32 week lesson plan for the Pearland Homeschool Alliance (PHSA) Co-Op with input from teaching staff and students.
- Promote the program at the Meet the Teacher event at PHSA in May and August of 2017 with the implementation to begin in August 2017.